Sunday 18 October 2015

From the scrap basket

Or more realistically, from the huge scrap container! So many scraps, but I love all of them and I really enjoy sewing with them. I love searching through all the little pieces to find the perfect one for that moment. But it seems that they never even remotely get used up! 

If you follow me on Instagram you will see that I have been busy making more gifts, all from my scraps (and also doing some scraps sewing with Mr 8, but that's for another day).

A pillow/cushion for a friend who loves hedgehogs and who is decorating her bedroom purple.

P1110945

And a doll's quilt, which turned out a bit larger than expected!

P1110968

I especially loved experimenting with my FMQ on this one. And so fun to sew something pink and girly!

P1110969

Linking up with

Scraptastic Tuesday

9 comments:

  1. Both projects are lovely, and I always feel so good when I can make a project from my scrap bin. You are so right that the level never seems to drop, though... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure scraps multiply when you're not looking but you're right that they are fun to use. I'm really loving your fee motion quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cushion is lovely Deborah- clean and simple lines and great fabric selection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it wonderful that there are fabric designers out there who cater to fans of purple hedgehogs! I am not a natural purple fan, but I love the cushion. The aqua accents give it zing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many scraps ... so little time ... I'm still giving most of mine away and yet the clutter continues!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh scraps seem to multiply faster than we can sew with them. But it is always so much fun to use them up. I always enjoy your instagram updates.
    Your free motion quilting is fantastic! I love the name detail.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the text quilting and I am a bit of a cushion addict so this is right up my street! It always amazes me how many projects you can get from the scrap bucket and still not feel like you've made a huge dent in it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both of these projects! You do find some of the most interesting fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Scraps! Such delights they are! Gorgeous work and your quilting is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete